How could I have overlooked the simple fact that I have read almost nothing GKCh wrote IN ENGLISH? I have the same amount of happiness waiting for me, or even more. Though a bit afraid Napoleon might be not as funny. Russian translation is superb, enjoy it so much.
...
One day I'll go to London and visit all the places from The Napoleon of Notting Hill. The Waterworks Tower:
(from https://rbkclocalstudies.wordpress.com/tag/campden-hill/)
Вот это светотень... Оттуда же.
Wordsworth edition: 3 novels, and in each I find something which was omitted in Russian. Or, vice versa -- something that wasn't here and which is in Russian.
...
Did I ever dream about the theory of literature? Not really. And tonight I dreamt I was talking about GKCh. Feel the difference.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. Research what you love. Made a mistake in my 1st year, not going to make the same one.


No comments:
Post a Comment